MUTUAL RECOGNITION IN ANZ
On 28 June 2016, ACCA and CA ANZ, the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, have announced a strategic alliance which will add value to members locally and globally.
The Alliance brings together the resources of the largest global professional accountancy body with one of the world’s pre-eminent CA bodies, enabling both organisations to strengthen their reach, relevance and resources for members. By sharing expertise across geographies and sectors the Alliance will ultimately create a stronger voice on behalf of its 788,000 current and next generation professional accountants, comprising of 308,000 members and 480,000 students across 181 countries.
The Alliance will:
- Increase the profile of both brands worldwide through their combined and unrivalled network of global offices, and enhanced support to members and other stakeholders.
- Work on initiatives for the overall development and benefit of the profession and business world including joint research and events
- Provide access to resources, tools and educational products
- Provide an opportunity for dual membership of both bodies. ACCA members resident in Australia and New Zealand will be invited to apply for CA membership and CA ANZ members will be invited to apply for ACCA membership, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria of the other body
- Promote a strong proposition for accounting technicians globally to further widen access to the profession
The Alliance will offer a broader range of products and services to employers, as well as current and future members, ensuring they are truly future proofed. The Alliance is committed to upholding the highest ethical, professional and technical standards and to delivering public value in capital markets and economies around the world.
ACCA does not currently have formal recognition agreement with CPA Australia.